- Volunteers from Seacare Co-operative Ltd presented rice cookers to the doorsteps of 56 selected households in Jalan Kukoh on 20 December. The move was welcomed by the residents, who mostly live on government subsidies and social assistance.
- Seacare grew its hotel portfolio in the United Kingdom with the acquisition of a 6th property known as Best Western Plus Milford Hotel in September, through wholly owned subsidiary Seacare Leeds Limited.
The 46-room hotel is located midway between the vibrant city of Leeds and the historic walled city of York. With the A1 (M), M1 and M62 motorways nearby, the hotel is well regarded for its convenient location.
- Seacare TradePlus Pte Ltd was incorporated in September to undertake the supply of fresh and frozen seafood and fruits to supermarkets. 40% of its share capital is held by Seacare Manpower Services Pte Ltd.
- Seacare is committed to be a good corporate citizen in the communities where it operates as well as promoting a positive and vibrant corporate culture. 100 volunteers comprising largely of staff and members participated in the distribution of The Seacare Hotel mooncakes to 500 households residing in the Jalan Kukoh housing estate on 9 September as part of our initiatives in bringing joy to the needy and vulnerable residents.
- A lunch reception was hosted for 120 senior residents of Jalan Kukoh housing estate at Vista Grill & Restaurant, The Seacare Hotel on 16 August. Special door gifts and entertainment were also arranged for the residents.
- VITAL, a department under the Ministry of Finance, has re-awarded Seacare Manpower Services Pte Ltd the contract for the provision of temporary contract for services for another term of two years from July with an option to extend up to one year.
- Aramidth International Pte Ltd that manufactures and retails popcorns under the brand of Cornery (derived from the words “popcorn” and “gallery”) became an associate company of Seacare after an acquisition of a 20% interests by Seacare Foundation Pte Ltd in June.
Cornery is a home grown brand and the only Asian gourmet popcorn concept that produces popcorn in-store with 8 candied flavours and 9 savoury flavours.
- Wholly owned subsidiary Seacare Inverness Limited acquired the 82-room Columba Hotel, Inverness Scotland, in May. Inverness is a city located on the bank of picturesque River Ness and just south of Scottish Highlands.
Many of the guestrooms enjoy commanding views of the renowned Inverness Castle just across River Ness. As the hotel is located along River Ness, its Victoria Restaurant and MacNabs Bar & Bistro offer a choice of indoor dining in cosseted comfort or alfresco dining outdoors on the riverside terrace. With Inverness Castle and River Ness as a backdrop, dining cannot be more pleasurable.
The hotel’s prime location in the heart of Inverness provides convenient access to many shops, restaurants, churches, museums and attractions that cater to different lifestyle preferences. Ness Bridge is less than a minute walk away from the hotel and it connects the hotel to the opposite bank of River Ness. Located south-west and 20 minutes’ drive away from the hotel is Loch Ness Centre &Exhibition (a multi-media attraction) and nearby Loch Ness, home of the legendary Loch Ness monster.
- Seacare Maritime Medical Centre Pte Ltd has expanded its in-house medical services through the acquisition of the CTU-Mega 18 Diamagnetic Device in March, which is a first of its kind in Singapore.
It is a revolutionary approach to pain management for conditions such as back pain, ankle or wrist sprains and sports injuries.
- The 91-room Victoria Hotel in Manchester of United Kingdom was acquired in February through 70% owned subsidiary Seacare Compass Manchester Limited.
The 1800 Victorian styled hotel is conveniently connected to Manchester City Centre and Manchester Airport in the south via the nearby M60 motorway, Metrolink light rail network and National Rail’s railway line.
- Occupying 30 tables at the popular Red Star Restaurant, the Jalan Kukoh Senior Citizens, members of the Residents’ Committee (RC) and Seniors’ Activity Centre were in for a good Lunar New Year treat from SOS and Seacare Co-operative Ltd on 17 February.
- Seacare Co-operative Ltd hosted SNCF’s Learning Journey for Bendemeer Secondary School on 3 February, as part of its outreach programme to broaden students’ knowledge of the Singapore Co-operative model. The students were invited into the world of hospitality via engaging presentations, sharing sessions and hand-on involvement as chambermaids at The Seacare Hotel.