- Seacare Seafarers’ Club installed five additional fruit machines at its jackpot room after obtaining approval from the authority.
- Mid-Autumn celebration for some 120 senior citizens residing in Jalan Kukoh housing estate was held on 13 September. Besides dinner reception and entertainment programme, each went home with a box of The Seacare Hotel mooncake as commemoration to end a night of joyous festival.
- Mr Raymond Chia Lee Meng, Chairman of Seacare Properties Pte Ltd and Ms Toh Hwee Tin, Director of Seacare Co-operative Ltd received the Public Service Medal on National Day.
- The Maritime Port Authority of Singapore has in June, granted Seacare Thrift Pte Ltd the approval in–principle to conduct the MLC (Maritime Labour Convention) 2006 Certified Cook’s Training Programme for ships cooks.
Regulation 3.2 of MLC 2006 requires shipowners to ensure that seafarers who are engaged as ships’ cooks are trained, qualified and found competent in accordance with the requirements in national law and hold a Certificate of Proficiency as a Ship’s Cook.
- Seacare Maritime Medical Centre Pte Ltd was accredited by the Oil & Gas UK, a leading representative body for the UK offshore oil and gas industry, in March to conduct medical fitness examination for OGUK members in regional offshore facilities.
- For the 12th year running, SOS and Seacare held the annual Lunar New Year Lunch with senior citizens of Jalan Kukoh on 22 February. Some 230 senior residents turned up for the event which was held at the Red Star Restaurant.
- The Seacare Hotel was officially opened on 30 January. The ceremony was witnessed by Mr Lim Swee Say, NTUC Secretary-General and Mr Stephen Cotton, ITF Acting General Secretary, representatives from fraternal unions and Seacare business associates.
The 103-room hotel is strategically located near Chinatown and is in close proximity to Clarke Quay and the Singapore shopping belt Orchard Road.
- Mr Leow Ching Chuan, Executive Chairman of Seacare Co-operative Ltd was conferred the Co-operative Champion Awards by the Singapore National Co-operative Federation (SNCF) on 19 January.
The Co-operative Champion Award was specially created by SNCF to recognise respected individuals who championed the co-operative mission.