- Volunteers comprising of members and staff of SOS and Seacare Co-operative Ltd delivered 100 shopping trolleys to selected Muslim families of Jalan Kukoh estate on 20 June. The activity, held in celebration of the upcoming Hari Raya Puasa, which marks the end of the Ramadan month of fasting, is part of an expanded CSR initiative to benefit more needy residents for this community.
- Citin Seacare Hotel was recognized with a 2017 Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor, achieving a 4 out of 5-Star rating, based on the consistently great reviews by guests and travellers from all parts the world. This is the second time it receives the award, having earlier received in 2016.
- Seacare OKiKi P-Hub (S) Pte Ltd entered into a joint venture to establish Phil Brew Golf Academy Pte Ltd which conducts study tours to Singapore and Australia that incorporates golf training programmes and the provision of indoor training centres in China.
- SOS in collaboration with Seacare Co-operative, officially launched the enhanced welfare schemes: Seacare Sailors’ Home Scheme (SSS), Seacare Medical Scheme (SMS) and Seacare Maritime Training Scheme (SMTS) on 1 April 2017. The enhancement – a funding boost of S$1 million for each of the schemes, over two financial years – will allow shipping companies to defray overheads while providing members with better employment security and training opportunities during the global downturn.
- Seacare Co-operative Ltd signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Methodist Co-operative Society Ltd on 2 March to bring mutual economic benefits and pave way for future collaborations for both co-operatives.
- SOS, Seacare Co-operative Ltd and Chip Eng Seng Group jointly organised a Lunar New Year Celebration Luncheon for 420 senior residents from Jalan Kukoh estate on 7 February. This marked the 15th year in a row that SOS and Seacare have celebrated Lunar New Year with the seniors of Jalan Kukoh.
- SOS and Seacare volunteers turned up at the doorsteps of 20 wheelchair-bound and bed-ridden senior residents of Jalan Kukoh on 6 February to present them with hong baos, mandarin oranges and Lunar New Year goodie bags in celebration of the new year. The initiative is an ongoing effort by both organisations to strengthen bonds with the seniors.
- Volunteers from Seacare Co-operative Ltd presented rice cookers to the doorsteps of 56 selected households in Jalan Kukoh on 20 December. The move was welcomed by the residents, who mostly live on government subsidies and social assistance.