- Seacare Manpower Services Pte Ltd emerged as the top membership recruitment agency for the NTUC Link Card 2014 Year End Sales Challenge. The company has been recruiting members for NTUC since 2001.
- Mr Leow Ching Chuan, Executive Chairman of Seacare Co-operative Ltd, was conferred the Friend of Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth Award on 12 November.
The award honoured Mr Leow for his leadership, passion and dedication in championing the co-operative movement by leading Seacare and tackling challenges such as attracting young talents in the sector.
- The Singapore (Nantong) International Maritime Institute (SNIMI) unveiled its training resources – Bridge Resource Management Electronic Chart Display & Information System and the 240º Full Mission Ship-handling Simulator – during its 3rd anniversary celebration on 11 November.
- The Mid-Autumn Festival celebration with senior residents of Jalan Kukoh was held on 5 September at Club@52. Some 100 residents were present at the event hosted by SOS and Seacare.
- The Seacare Seafarers’ Club renamed its jackpot room as Club 777 on 1 September.
- Mr Lee Van Chong, Deputy Chairman of Seacare Co-operative Ltd, was conferred the Public Service Medal on National Day for his contributions to the Labour Movement.
- Seacare Manpower Services Pte Ltd was appointed by VITAL, a department under the Ministry of Finance, in July to provide contract services to ministries, organs of state and statutory boards for a term of two years.
- Seacare Environmental Pte Ltd was awarded the Cleaning Business Licence in June after meeting the standards of the new Environmental Public Health Amendment Bill that came into force on 1 April 2014.
- Seacare Thrift Pte Ltd kicked-off the inaugural Seafaring Cook Place-and-Train programme, an initiative jointly-organised by the Singapore Organisation of Seamen (SOS) and Employment and Employability Institute (e2i) to boost the intake of local ship’s cooks, in April.
- The Citin Seacare Hotel in Pudu, Kuala Lumpur was officially opened on 29 March, a year after acquisition by SP K2 Hospitality Sdn Bhd in August 2012.
The 13-storey 102-room Citin Seacare Hotel, is endowed with an unbeatable location in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. It sits conveniently across Pudu Sentral Bus Terminal, overlooks the KL Tower and is a five-minute walk to the bargain hunter’s paradise Petaling Street, popularly known as Chinatown. It is also a short walk to The Star LRT (Plaza Rakyat Station), Central Market and Bukit Bintang – the city’s prime shopping district.
- The annual Lunar New Year Celebration with senior citizens of Jalan Kukoh was held at the Red Star Restaurant on 11 February. Some 280 senior citizens attended and they were each presented with a $50 hong bao. 12 wheelchairs were donated by Mrs Kong Mun Kwong, wife of Mr Kong Mun Kwong, Chairman of Seacare Holdings Pte Ltd, on this occasion for the mobility impaired senior citizens.